Sunday, March 9, 2008

Pack Rat Traits


On occasion, I loose sight of the penguin traits that I'd like to emulate and take on the incredible traits of a pack rat. Okay, often I do. I have many many boxes of children's school papers that I have kept. And, I've been culling the ones that have come home since 6th grade. So, I have all these boxes of papers in the attic that I should go through.


I also have just about every scrap paper on which I've written a reference to a verse. Now, some of them have other statements besides the verse address. But, many do not. Some of them are references from a sermon or lesson. I have no idea what that verse meant to me at the time I wrote it down. AUGH! It was a shiny button or trinket that caught my eye at the time. I carried it off to my nest and put it with the rest of the glittering objects.


I don't know if pack rats go back through their treasure but God calls me to do such a thing. He repeatedly tells me to remember His mighty works, to remember who He is, to remember what He has done for me. Today, I remember that He wrote my name in the book of life. He has removed my sin and remembers it no more. He has transformed my deceitful heart and given me a heart of life. God is awesome.


(Lord, thank you for saving my soul. Thank you for remembering my sin no more. Thank you for the only way to know you. Thank you for the wonderful treasure You give me through Your word. Thank you for the grace and mercy that You personally extended to me. Thank you also for the judgement. Thank you for the rules that keep me safe. Forgive me when I so bluntly ignore them. Help me to accept the necessary chastisement. Thank you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.)

No comments: