Yes, spring break is over. The kids and I will get back to our routine beginning tomorrow. I have one that is excited to go back to school and one that, well, isn't.
I miss the routine when it's not there. Oh, don't get me wrong, I fight routine. I don't really "like" it. Routine is boring. Routine is the same ol', same ol'. Ugh! Routine doesn't allow for the creativity my mind thinks it craves. Yet, I know that routine is good for me. Physically, it's good to get regular sleep. It helps cut down on stress and weight gain. Mentally, it's good to know what's expected next in the day. So, sometimes I find myself wandering about aimlessly when the routine has been interrupted.
I believe that can also be the case spiritually. God calls us to consistency in our relationship with Him. He is always consistent. (He is never boring and He is very creative so I'll not describe Him as routine.) When I lose the routine, consistent time with God I begin wandering about aimlessly in the spirit. God wants me to be focused on the hope of His return.
Tonight I am thankful that spring break is over and the routine returns.
(Lord God, Thank you for the blessed hope that Your resurrection brings. I am so glad that You made a way for us to have a relationship that is intensely personal. Your love is amazing and beyond the boundaries of my feeble mind. I thank you that You loved me even before I knew I needed you. I praise you for the sacrifice you made. I'll never know what it means. I'll never be able to fully comprehend the depth of love and pain you experienced. Thank you. Thank you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment