Monday, March 10, 2008

Faithful Promise - From the Archive

Date Unknown.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;)

Just when things seem to go the worst, remembering that God is with me brings a measure of confidence. Most days, I read my devotional and then read the section of scripture that goes along with it as the foundation for my day. This has made it easier for me to be calm throughout the day. I find that I am not as quick to anger. I tend not be critical and degrading to others. And pleasant thoughts come easier. I know that Satan will attack and I know that God will overcome. I can usually tell when I have not spent the time securing my foundation for the day. There is so much that I want to do for God and sometimes I feel like I can never get any of it done. I will try to call on God's promise and know that I can do whatever He desires of me. While I know this in my head, applying it to my heart is where the difficulty comes in.

(Lord, I am so glad that Your promises are faithful. I am weak and blinded. Your thoughts are so incredible that my mind cannot grasp the fullness of them. I pray that You will fill me with Your spirit so that I might fully see Your promises. I pray that organizing these thoughts and sharing them (even after all this time) bring honor to You. I pray, Lord, that I learn what You would have me to know from all this. Again today, I thank You for loving me to death and life. In Jesus name I pray. Amen)

No comments: