Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thorns, Briers and the Kings Kids

Read Judges 8:16-23.

Gideon gave a Bible lesson using thorns and briers. Praise the Lord I missed that one.

Consider the testimony of Gideon in this passage. "As thou art, so were they; each one resembled the children of a king." Even as as he taught with thorns and briers, demolished a tower and fought men to the death, he carried himself as a child of the King. What is it about Gideon that these men recognized? I believe our answer to be found a few short verses later...

And Gideon said unto them, I will not rule over you, neither shall my son rule over you: the LORD shall rule over you.

There it is (verse 23). The Lord ruled Gideon's life and it was obvious to all who came in contact with him.

(Lord, thank you for the scripture from which I can learn. Help me to be recognizable as a child of the King no matter what I'm doing. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.)

No comments: