Thursday, March 13, 2008

Powerful Prayer and Inspiration Locations

Today God reminded me of how powerful He really is. I've been struggling with stress at my job and I've asked the ladies in my Sunday School class and the prayer warriors in Wednesday Prayer Meeting to remember me as I deal with the situation. God is faithful. He has answered the prayers of His children. I have been able to concentrate and get tasks completed in face of the stress and struggles. I've been able to come home each day with a tired body but a calm spirit. My heavenly Father God is incredible.


Where do I get my moments? I draw inspiration first from God's own Word, the Bible. That's the reason I have sixty gazillion little scrap pieces of paper with a reference written down on each one. (I have no doubt that some of them are duplicates.) Next, I draw from the feeding I get from my fabulous Pastor who uses the Bible as his primary resource. For day to day pick-me-ups, I visit Our Daily Bread Online and Proverbs 31 Ministries Blog Online. I have various study guides and topical books although I am careful to read these in the light of scripture. It seems that just because something claims to be a Christian book it might not be so on the pages.


There are so many other books, songs, people, things, etc. that God uses to make a moment in my life. I am truly blessed.


(Lord God, thank you for holding me together during this time. I know it's not over and I can't see the end but I know that YOU can. That's all that really matters. Bless each one that has lifted me up in prayer this week, please. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.)

No comments: