Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sharing the story with caution

I am so thankful for those that God has called to share the intimate details of a specific journey. The Adams family as they share the journey of their family dealing with an adopted child with transplanted organs. The Lawrenson family as they share the journey of a preemie and mom with Cystic Fibrosis. I hesitate to get too involved with some of the other blogs that I've visited. I invest a lot emotionally. I spend enough time keeping up with just the two. It can get very distracting to chase rabbits on the Internet. (Yet, I still do it.)

God calls me to share my own story. The story of His moments in my life. The great! The good, and the incredible awful things as well. I've worked in the Information Technology field long enough to have heard almost every single horror story associated with sharing too much. I have to know the legal ramifications of what I'm doing as well. That's why I won't share the names of my children. You may hear about them or know situations in their life but you will never get the complete picture or specifically any pictures of them. Not because I am ashamed but because I must protect them. There are some readers of this blog that do actually know me. Most will not and will only know the things that are provided in writing here.

There are parts of our story that will be terribly difficult to share, especially in an anonymous exchange such as this blog. Yet, I know they must be shared in order to recognize the fullness of God's mercy, grace, salvation and glory. I do not share my story or observations to invite comments (I moderate all comments). I do not share my story or observations to invite theological debate.

I do share my story and observations to encourage another that might be struggling. I do share my story and observations to answer the call God has made. I do share my story and observations so the God may be honored.

(Lord God, please use this blog for Your honor and glory. Please help me to focus on what You have to say with each post. Make it an honorable thing. Thank you for the families that You have called to share their journey through this format. Thank you for showing Your strength, grace and mercy through each one. Thank you for the encouragement they are. Hinder any attempts by the enemy to twist Your work. In Jesus name, Amen.)

1 comment:

cindy said...

Your blog has blessed me. There is so much we can learn through others experiences. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and revelations. You will be in my prayers.