Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mundane and Not Exciting

My evening described in just a few words. Cleaning, laundry, dishes, and lectures were the mundane items. None of them were exciting. I would have much preferred to be studying and seeking treasure from God's Word. Instead, I was folding t-shirts and underwear. I have a hard time getting excited about chores. I'm not good at them. I haven't (even after all these years) figured out how to do them efficiently.

But, the sense of work done keeps me coming back. I know it's a never ending job. There will always be one more piece of laundry, one more dirty dish, one more crumb on the floor, one more leaf to rake, one more blade of grass to mow, one more, one more. I like having clean clothes and dishes. I like having a floor that your shoes don't stick too. So, I'll keep doing as many of these things as I can.

By the way, I got a new penguin this week. I'll post him as soon as I get him photographed.

(Lord, thank you for the things that should be done. My heart could get into a lot more mischief if I didn't have those things. I get into enough as it is. Guard my heart and keep my focus on You. In Jesus' name, Amen.)

No comments: