I was born 7 weeks premature and my left eye was swollen shut. In today's terminology it would have been classified as a birth defect. The result was (and is) that my eyes do not work like most everyone else. I didn't know this for many years. It only started becoming apparent when I started driving. I scared those riding with me because I tended to drive really close to the right side marker. 3D movies make no sense to me. All I see is the fuzzy red and blue outlines. Even the newer types of 3D imagery hold no fascination for me. Why? Only one eye focuses on the object. My brain sees the two images but the one presented by my right eye is the dominate image. The left image is background, fuzzy, almost non-essential. Normal eyes see a blended version of the two images presented to the brain. That is why 3D is exciting for most.
My physical vision causes me to think about my spiritual vision? Do I have a blended worldview? Is my vision a blend of worldly and Godly view so that neither is dominate? Can I see each distinctly different as they truly are? I'm thankful for this physical reminder to keep things in God's perspective.
(Father God, thank you for my abnormal eyes. Thank you for using them to show me and remind me to look through Yours. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment