![]() |
| Bella |
Well, she found that rabbit again and off she went, barking and chasing. She probably ran that poor rabbit for half a mile through the woods. She was baying the whole time. I told the berry pickers she'd be fine. As long as we could hear her, she wasn't too far away. I had faith. After all, she's a Bassett hound.
Time passed and my faith evaporated. When tried by time, my faith dissipated like a morning fog. Poof! Gone. Vanished. I started to worry. I didn't want her to be lost. I had to go looking for her. I called. She answered. I called. She answered. Time and again, I called and she answered. But, she was still deep in the woods. Eventually, she grew quiet and I went back and forth looking for her.
Finally, I decided to head back to where she started chasing the rabbit in hopes that my faith had promise. Just as we began down the trail to the spot, she came loping along. Her tongue was hanging as low as her ears but she was a content doggy. Yes, she did just what a good Bassett hound was to do. I, on the other hand, learned just how weak my faith is.
(Father God, help me to have faith rooted deeply and strongly in you. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments:
Post a Comment