Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Forgiveness, Part Two

PLEASE, FORGIVE ME!?

I am sorry.  I did not intend to hurt or harm you in any way.  I can't excuse what I did.  Please, will you forgive me?

Part two of this series on forgiveness began as I thought about the seventh grade.  My sincere apologies to my former classmates because I'm using your names in this post.  This is the time where I learned just how mean we girls can be.  We are a messed up bunch during the seventh grade.  Our hormones are in super overdrive as we develop into "young ladies".  Those hormones cause our emotions to run amuck.

I like Allison today.  Stacy is not my friend this hour.  Cretia called Allison a dufus and I agreed.  Stacy and I laughed at Sharon's clothes.  Ugh, Corina smells bad today, stay away from her.  Maria has such pretty hair.  Shanna wears the ugliest shoes.  I told Cindy about Leann's secret.  It was funny.  I think Chris likes Allison.  Allison likes Chad.  Chad likes Maria.  Everybody hates Doug and Susan.

In all that year, I don't ever remember thinking about how someone else might be affected by what I said or did.  Unfortunately, I ignored that for many years and ever now and again I find that I haven't considered my actions.  I also never considered what my classmates and friends might be going through at home.

Since the seventh grade, I've gone to college, spent five years in the Navy, worked for a few companies, and attended several different churches.  I made oodles of new friends and offended most of them at some point in some way.  I am trying to learn how to do this right.  Please forgive me?

(Father God, I ask that You forgive me for not treating others as you would.  Continue to teach me.  If there are any specific people that I need to find and seek forgiveness from, please bring them to mind and open a way that we can heal our relationship.  In the name of Jesus I ask, Amen.)

1 comment:

Allie Michelle said...

Will you please adopt me? You write so many of the things I think but don't have the words to say. But just for the record, I probably had the ugly shoes AND smelled bad that day. And we won't even talk about my HAIR. xoxo