I know a good person can forgive others. I know that a person striving for Nirvana can forgive others. But the complete knowledge of forgiveness can only come through the one that has complete knowledge of forgiveness because He is the author and finisher of it. Forgiveness, like faith, originates with God. It also finishes with God. God completes forgiveness. I can forgive you. You can forgive me. And that exchange of forgiveness is completed because God is in the beginning, middle, and end of it. The amazing part is that even if you don't believe in God as I do, it doesn't change Him.
I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was a child. As I grew, I tried Him. I questioned Him. I checked out other ideas of god. I tried it without Him. I tried ignoring Him. I tried to fashion Him into something I liked. Ultimately, I realized He does exist as defined by the Holy Scripture of the Jews and the Christians. Scripture is His autobiography. I don't get to take the parts I like and leave the parts I don't. He is love. He is just. He is truth. He is.
If you don't know Him, it's easy to find Him. Many teach that you must clean yourself up or do specific things to be accepted of God. There is nothing you can do to make yourself perfect for God. You will always fall short. When you recognize that, salvation is a step away. When you reach the point that you KNOW you can't do it yourself, call out to Jesus. One short simple prayer of belief is all it takes.
Father God, I can't do this myself. You sent Jesus to do what I could not. Please forgive me for trying to do it myself? I accept what Jesus has done for me and I turn to you. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.Finding salvation is a simple thing. Living it out is a day by day, moment by moment adventure. If you've just found Jesus, post a comment to let me know. (Comments are moderated so others won't see it unless you want them to.) I want to encourage you and help you in this adventure.
(Father God, Thank you for salvation. I could post this prayer a million times on this blog and it would not be enough. I am so amazed by your love for us. I continue to learn more about you and how deep your care and love is. Each new thing I learn makes my salvation that much more precious. Thank you, thank you. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment