Thursday, May 12, 2011

Forgiveness, Part Four

Continuing forgiveness...  I want to live a life of continual forgiveness.  Okay, I couldn't resist the play on words there. After all, we are on part four of this series.

Still, I do desire to honor God by forgiving others.  I don't have any reason to hold a grudge.  I don't have a reason to keep a score card.  I did this for him.  He hasn't returned an equitable favor.  NOPE.  That is not how I want to live.  She did that to me.  She has a lot of making up for it.  NOPE.  That is not how I want to live.

I want each day to be filled with forgiveness.  If someone offends me I want to forgive immediately.  I don't want to have to think about it.  I want it to be so natural and normal.  And, when I offend another, I want to seek forgiveness just as quickly.

I really want to seek quick forgiveness when I've offended my Saviour and God.  I want to be so disgusted by sin that when I do - and I will - I immediately recognize it, turn from it, and ask forgiveness for it.  I've heard that counterfeit experts do not study the fake money, they study the real stuff.  They know the real thing so well that they can immediately spot a fake.  That's how I want to be.  I want to spend my time thinking on things that are right, pure, just, lovely, honest, of good report, friendly, etc.  That way when lies, gossip, and discontent work their way into my thoughts, I can recognize them and remove them.  If I take care of the issue at the root (in my mind), it doesn't show evidence on the tree (in actions and speech).

Yes, continuing forgiveness...

(Father God, I am so grateful for your continuing forgiveness.  Each day I seek to cleanse my feet from the dust of the day and you are faithful to forgive.  Thank you.  In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: