Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Encouraged

Yes, today God encouraged me through the two blogs that I follow a bit fanatically. Both had awesome answered prayers. (Thank you, LORD.)

Well, my birthday approaches. If you have a December - February birthday in Oklahoma you'll know what that means. You can plan a party but expect rain or snow if you do! As a child I would be so excited that I was having a party. Yes! No! If it was cold enough, it would snow and no one would venture out on the hazardous roads. If it wasn't cold enough, it would rain so much the creek near our house would flood and no one could get in (or out). After a while I just quit trying. I really don't remember if I ever actually pulled off a party or not. I'm sure there had to be at least one.

Somewhere along the line, God finally got it into my head that just like my birthday plans, I can plan my life but if it doesn't fit into what He has planned for me (Jeremiah 29:11) it might be washed out or frozen over. Have you ever read that verse with the surrounding ones? (Jeremiah 29:10-13) Wow, God is great!

No comments: