Sunday, January 6, 2008

Breath and Challenge

Well, it's almost time to get back into regular work activities. I'm thankful for the job that I have even though I don't always treat it honorably. There are times when I just get tired of getting up and going to the stress each day. This week I'm looking forward to addressing a couple of items that have been hanging on for quite some time. I'm sure there will be other things that interfere with the primary plans but I'll be seeking a singular focus from God in order to do the job He gave me for His glory.

Today's God Moment happened as I began praying for this week's work activities. God reminded me that He has the power over it all. And when I dwell on that thought, I recall that He has the power over my next hearbeat. He and He alone has given me breath. Just as He give power to the stars to light the night sky. How awesome.

In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind. (Job 12:10)

Our pastor challenged us today to live our life pure as if we know that Jesus is returning for His church at a set time some few hours in the future. God is good and will help when His children ask. There are times when I'm comfortable and don't consider how soon the return might be. Yet, I long for Christ to come. He has promised that we won't have the same struggles in heaven as we have on this earth. I desire that struggle free time. I desire the time when I can praise and honor with abandon knowing that the world and this flesh no longer have influence on me.

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. (Revelation 19:9)

Thanks for listening.

No comments: