Friday, February 1, 2008

Today, I saw the face of God...

Now, someone might say, "Huh? That's just Nathan."

God says He knew me before I was knit together in the womb (Jeremiah 1:5, Isaiah 44:2). He says that He loved me before I knew I needed His love (I John 4:10, Matthew 6:8). He says that He loved me so much that He was willing to die in my place (2 Corinthians 5:21, John 3:16). He joyed in me at His salvation (Luke 15:7, Psalm 105:43, Zephaniah 3:17).

I was so helpless, so tiny, so small when I sought Jesus with my heart. My age didn't matter. What mattered was God's love for me. I wasn't perfect, mature or even big enough to be on my own, yet He overlooked all that to see something more. I was His creation, fashioned in His image. He knew I wouldn't do everything right. He knew there would be times when I intentionally sought things not good for me. He knew. He still loves me.

I see these beautiful pictures of Nathan and Gwyneth and wonder. Do you think God snuggled each of His children like that? I do. Do you think He holds each one and looks down in love? I do! Do you think He looks through tears of love and joy at us? I do! Do you think He carefully, gently wraps His hands around us and pulls us up close to His heart? I DO! Ahh, dear friend, I saw the face of God today. Did you?

(Dear LORD, thank you for showing me this side of You. Thank you for putting it in Nathan's heart to share this journey so that You might encourage me and so many others. I pray now that You will continue to bless this young family. Continue to use them for Your glory and honor. Thank you. In Jesus' name alone. )

No comments: