Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Work Routine

I forget how quickly I get caught back up in the work routine. I'm amazed how much energy my job takes some times. My kids think I just sit in front of a computer and play... Resolving issues, researching future projects, and keeping the current systems going requires a lot of focus and energy. It's been a good couple of days back. I thank God for the renewed appreciation He has given me.

My daughter brought home an assignment for me. I was to describe what I thought would be qualities that she would pick in her "perfect" mate. Then, I had to describe what I would pick for her in her "perfect" mate. She had already made her list of qualities. I didn't get to see her list until after I had finished mine. Incredibly, we had several things in common. She took it for granted that her perfect mate would have a sense of humor and I took it for granted that he would have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the only begotten of God.

Well, sleep is trying to take over so I'll be going for now.

No comments: