December 29, 2008
Genesis 2:22 - God brought her unto the man.
Proverbs 18:22 - He who finds a wife finds a good thing.
Hebrews 13:4 - Marriage is honorable in all.
After many years God has revealed to me the part that I played in destroying my first marriage. It rests in need. When my first child was an infant, I told my husband that I did not need him. I told him that I could raise the baby without his help. I wanted - but didn't need - my husband to be a part of my life and the raising of the baby. I never let go of the posture of independence through 10 years of marriage.
This week I learned that undermines all that God uses to make a man. I also learned that I continue to not need a husband. Yet, God is moving my heart.
Let's apply this to my own relationship with God. I know I NEED Him. I cannot obtain salvation without Him. I cannot pay the penalty of my own sins. I cannot bridge the gap between God and myself on my own righteousness. I don't have any.
No comments:
Post a Comment