I've been going back over my study notes from the past year and I have discovered something. I haven't spent enough time in personal study. I have pages and pages of sermon notes, Sunday School notes, and special event notes. I have several pages of reading notations. But, I lack pages of personal, in-depth discoveries.
I found one undated page with the following information.
How'd you do on your daily reading? Did you remember to keep your appointment with God? If so, congratulations! You are on your way to developing a great habit and a greater relationship with God. (Psalm 37:23)
If not, what are you going to do now? Try again! (Psalm 37:24)
Ask for forgiveness! (1 John 1:9)
Trust God to guide me. (James 1:5, Micah 7:7)
I know I cannot go back and change the past. I can only go on from here. So, here I go!!
(Father God, thank you for the blessing that you are. Thank you for being. Thank you for loving me in spite of my foolishness. I ask that you guide me to a greater knowledge of you. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment