Monday, August 29, 2011

Bumpy Monday - Reflections (12/31/10)

On this final day of 2010, I've not felt compelled to think back over the year.  I've not wanted to dwell on the ups an downs.  Instead I sit here doing my normal thing.  I'm here in the present.  I read the blogs on my list and wish that more were updated today.  I smile at the cat curled comfortably next to my husband's Bible on the couch.  I am again thankful to be in this place at this time.

I consider my friend, Ashley, and am grateful for her parents and their dedication to choose life.  Choosing life is a reflection of God.  Awesome.  I consider another family waiting and working patiently for their Ukrainian child.  Their desire to care for an orphan is a reflection of God.  Awesome.  My heart grows heavy when I consider my friend, Jan.  Cancer has invaded her life aggressively.  Yet, she has chosen to live with her daughter and redeem this time to the best that she can.  What a lesson for me to learn!  Sounds a bit like another reflection of God, doesn't it?  My son is defending his faith against an atheist.  Their conversation challenges me to grow more intimate with my LORD.  It requires me to see the reflection of God in His Word.

I know I can't change the past.  It has happened.  I will be exposed to the consequences of it.  And, I can fully trust God for all I need in the present.  I am so thankful to be surrounded by reflections and remembrances and realities of my God.  Awesome!

(Father God, thank you for your great and mighty presence in my life.  Thank you that you surround me with reflections of yourself in so many places.   What a joy!  Father, I pray that as this calendar year closes you will be a welcome, comforting, sustaining presence to Ashley, Angela, Jan, and us.  In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: