Monday, August 22, 2011

Bumpy Monday - Faithful and Correcting (05/06/08)

This may seem like an odd title for a blog entry but it is very representative of my past few weeks. My body is physically tired from the stress of my job and the mental work that seems to surround every day. God has been faithful to provide a job for me. The job allows me to have a place to live, food to eat, and stuff I want. I have allowed the physical tiredness to distract me from the provision of God. Tonight, I was corrected.

Yes, God is faithful to give me what I need in the form of physical things. He is also faithful to give me what I need spiritually and mentally even when that means correcting me. Our church has a visiting evangelist this week. Tonights lesson was for me. It was all about being a mature Christian. 1. Mature Christians do not gossip. There is always an encouraging, uplifting, building message from a mature Christian. God showed me that I have some growing up to do. 2. Mature Christians see the blessings of burdens. God has been faithful to call to remembrance how the trials and burdens I've been through have been for His purpose. He's been working with me on this for some time. 3. Mature Christians know that to live IS Christ and to die is gain. God has much for me to learn here though He only gives me what I can handle each time.

(Lord God, forgive me for my loose lips, for the hurtful things I've said, for the negative tone about my church, for each time I have fallen short. Thank you for bridging the gulf between us so that I can know You. I cannot do this under my power, You alone are the power needed. I pray for that power to be evident through my life. Thank you for the salvation You have given to me. In Jesus name, I pray.)

No comments: