"I did not get the job," she posted, "The good news - God has a better one in mind for me."
This posting was quickly followed by several replies... "I'm sorry," "So sorry," was the recurring theme.
REALLY?
Go back and read her post. She did not get the job and she knows God has a better one in mind for her. YES! AWESOME! Congratulations! Hallelujah! Praise Him, Praise Him! GREAT! WONDERFUL!
How can we be disappointed that God has something better? How can we be sorry that He wants her to have the right job? How can we be so sorry that He desires to give her the best? How can we be sorry that He "is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think?" (Ephesians 3:20) How can we question His sovereign ability to provide her needs even before we ask? (Matthew 6:28)
Yes, we can be sensitive to the need for a job but I hope our perspective is a heavenly one so that we can recognize His handiwork in guiding and leading her and her family to the blessing He intends. Let's not get distracted by the needs and stay focused on the Provider. What about you? Did you focus on the first part of her post or the latter part of her post? Is your perspective of the worldly or the Godly?
(Father God, help me to have the proper perspective in all things. I thank you Lord for the way you provide for our needs. In the name of Jesus, I pray that you will open the door to the right job for this friend. Give her a job that honors you and I thank you for that job. Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment