I admit I am the most miserable of schedule keepers. Without the external influence of a "job", I don't have a schedule to my day. I don't even have a routine that I can admit to keeping. Wait... I get up. I do stuff. I eat at some point. I do more stuff. I go to bed.
Yup, that's it. That is the extent of my routine. Whoo.
Now, I know that a routine is good for me. I know that Creation testifies that a routine is necessary. Spring is followed by Summer which is followed by Autumn which is followed by Winter which is followed by Spring. Ah, you get it. Night is followed by day which is followed by night which is... Ah, you get it.
So, why is it so difficult for me to stick to a routine? Why can't I get up at about the same time every day? Why can't I take a shower about the same time each day? Why can't I eat at approximately the same time each day? Why can't I? Why can't I read my Bible consistently? Why can't I pray regularly each day? Why can't I? Why can't I clean the kitchen as I cook? Why can't I finish the laundry all the way through to hanging it up? Why can't I?
I wonder, could it have something to do with Satan's deceptive practices? Have I allowed a foothold here in my life? Uh oh. This isn't going to be easy. Thankfully, God gives me all the strength I need. God alone can put me on the right path. God is the one I trust. Yes, it's that simple.
(Father God, I leave my routine in your hands. Thank you for creating me so wonderfully. I ask that you repel any attempts by the enemy to meddle in our day, our week, our month and our years. Be my strong tower and strengthen me. All this I ask in the powerful, healing name of Jesus, My Saviour. Amen.)
1 comment:
I love this post. I look at my habits, my husband's habits, my children's habits and can't help but think that God and Satan play their parts in our habits...good and bad. But schedule keeping...well, I think it's partly something we're both with and then something we're taught as we grow up...push, pull, tug, loosen...consistency is something we either learned...or we didn't. And if we didn't, then when we finally realize that as adults, we have to learn it on our own...and that's just not easy when there's no one to keep us accountable except us...sigh...I'm with you, sister...I'm right there with you!
Post a Comment