Have you ever had your mind busy with lots of little bits of information? I must be careful not to let them get confused. Take the headline of this entry for instance. If you take it all together, it conveys one message. But these things have not been given together. Each one, individually, is being used to teach me.
Fear - God is placing this word in front of me often. It is mostly accompanied by the word not. For instance, today's Proverbs 31 Devotional was "The Truth About Fear" focused around 2 Timothy 1:7. Just 15 minutes before that I had been praying from The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers by Stormie Omartian for my son's mind. Can you guess what it was focused around? Yes, 2 Timothy 1:7. Then, I followed a link off of a blog and found it before my face again. All this is just today. Over the past several weeks, there have been numerous times that God has placed those words before my eyes. I rest in them.
Talents - This was one of the topics of discussion at last night's service. Am I honoring God with my talents, gifts or abilities? Or, am I using them to only get by here on this sod? My husband and I have been discussing what I could be doing. I want to use my talents and abilities to support him and the business. I want to be more involved in the day to day activities of the business so that he doesn't have to shoulder that alone. But we wonder if I should instead try to find a job outside the home. Do I even know what talents God has gifted me? This topic will be bathed in prayer.
Chosen - This was emphasized in the morning service. Before I ever accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, He chose me. He made me in His image and for His honor. He called me to acknowledge Him and know Him. I was then given a simple choice - believe or not. How about you? Have you rejected Him so often that He no longer calls you? Dear Friend, I hope not.
(Father God, thank you for a sound mind. Thank you for clarity of thought. Thank you for choosing me even though I feel unworthy. Thank you for abilities to write and think. Father, I ask that you guard my mind. Help me to recognize and dismiss Satan's lies. Help me to fill my mind with the truth of your word. You have not given me confusion and I praise your name for the blessings of this day. I pray that I honor you with all that I do. In the power of Jesus' name I pray. Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment