Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It's raining, AGAIN!  After a recent diagnosis of anemia, rain just isn't my favorite thing.  The doctor has prescribed time in the sun as part of the healing process.  Cloudy, rainy weather only aggravates my depression which is a symptom of the anemia.  It's a vicious spiral.  Without the sun, I get depressed.  When I get depressed, I want to hide in my cave with a gallon if ice cream.  A sure fire way of avoiding the sun which only makes me depressed.

So, when the rain started just a bit ago, I cleared away the remnants of my lunch and spoke with frustration.

"It's raining, again.  Ugh, I need the sun."  Immediately, I reflected that this statement is so true.  The rain does a good thing, it waters and cleans.  Just as storms in our life can be used to water and clean our soul.  But we need the Son.  Yes, NEED.  The Son is the only way.  

Without the Son in my life, I would be holed up in the cave of sin indulging in those things that are right in my own eyes.  I wouldn't be able to see the healing power that comes from the Son.

Ah, the rain is still coming down but now my sight is focused on the eternal Son.

(Father God, thank you for the earthly rain that brings reviving nourishment.  Thank you for the trials and storms that bring change to our spirits.  Thank you for the reminder that I need the sun and the Son.  Thank  you for the salvation that You offer so freely.  Thank you for the grace and mercy that I don't deserve.  Thank you.  Thank you.  In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: