Oh, I know that trust is sometimes broken. But in reality, we trust in big ways. Most of us trust that our co-workers won't bring a gun to the office and go on a rampage. Most of us trust that our homes will still be pretty much in the same shape when we get home as when we left it. Most of us trust that a foreign country won't invade us. Most of us trust that today will be.
So, I am amazed with the amount of trust floating around out there that people don't trust God. Even myself, I think I know so much more than I really do. I think I've got this life thing all figured out. I trust myself. And, wow, that is the wrong thing to trust. God is faithful. He is just. He is honest. He is. And, He is always those things. Now, me, I'm not always those things. I don't always play fair. I've told lies. I'm not always faithful in doing what I've committed to do. I'm not always trustworthy. God is. If I can trust all those people driving around, surely I can trust God.
(Father God, help me to trust You in all things. You alone are completely faithful and trustworthy. Thank you for the examples of trust that are evident when I look. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment