Saturday, December 27, 2008

Desires of the Heart

I've been pondering the desires of the heart a lot during the last few weeks. Why does God create desires in our hearts? How does He change those desires? How does He fan those desires? How do I know the desire is one that He placed there while He was shaping me before I was born? I know the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. But as I've blogged before, God gives us a new heart when we trust him. So, now my heart, the innermost part of me, the part that is truly me - wonders what is the desire from God and what is my own flesh being influenced by the media and society? I seek to know the very threads that God used to weave me together.

I want to know the desire and passion that He placed in me for my job, for my family, for my ministry. I'm am steadily tapping into that fundamental desire to know Him. Intimately. Deeply. Personally. Without fear. As I get to know Him, I want to know my purpose for Him.

(Father God, thank You for all that You do. I know You see the confusion and desires of my heart. I know that You have a plan to prosper me and that You direct my paths. Yet, Father, I feel so alone at times. Please help me to hear what You have for me. In the name of Jesus, Amen.)

No comments: