Each time a new Academic Year begins, I get tired. Not just a little tired, but exhausted. There are so many things to do, so many things to pay for, so many things to forget, so many things.
But, there's also an excitement that is contagious. Suddenly, this flurry of activity spurs new ideas and adventures. Everywhere but with the cats.
We are greeted as we come in the door at the end of the day. First there is the "I am so glad to see you," meow. Then comes an exasperated, "Why did you leave me alone all day?" meow. "Why weren't you here to feed me when I wanted?" seems to be the cry. And, "Why didn't you come home just to pet me?" rises from around my feet as I try to unload groceries. "Don't I deserve a treat today?" says the pretty kitty as we peer in the refridgerator together.
"Pet me!" "Feed me!" "Brush me!" "Love me!" "Care for me!"
I wonder how many times I sound like that to my Heavenly Father? He has consistently done each of those things time and time again. Everytime I seek Him during the day, He's right there. He smooths the fur ruffled by the world. He feeds the empty spirit with His Word. He brushes away the tangles of sin. He loves and cares for me far better that I can care for my cats. I know that the companionship with my cats is only a small reflection of the companionship that He offers. You see, at the end of the day, I get to crawl up in His lap, make myself comfortable, and purr.
No comments:
Post a Comment