Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mundane and Routine

I really hate mundane tasks. I hate those overly repetitive things that require not thought to completing. They bore me. They offer no challenge to living.

Yet, they must be done. Laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cleaning out the gutter - all things that are routine and boring but have to be done or the results are, well, horrible.

But, routine can help us accomplish many things. I'm missing a bit of routine in my life. Since school is out, I don't have anything necessary for scheduling. Therefore, my day is random and unpredictable. I prefer the random and predictable to happen within a routine. Yes, I don't always get what I want and I see an opportunity to exercise some self-control. So, here goes...

(Father God, I need your help today and always. I know that you are an orderly God and not a god of chaos. You know what is good for me. I ask now that you help me establish a routine that accomplishes your good purpose. Thank you for the assistance you give freely and abundantly. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: