Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recipes

I bought a "Cooking Light" magazine the other day. After pouring through each page, I only found about 3 recipes that I'd like to try. I'm a picky eater. I like plain, simple, quick meals. I discovered why I hate making a roast. It takes too long to cook. After more than 10 years of working full time regular hours, I have to retrain my brain to start cooking earlier in the day. This is no easy task. Retraining a 40 something year old brain has its challenges.

Fortunately, God has provided a wonderful husband for me. My spouse will attempt to eat anything I attempt to make. He supports me. He encourages me. And, he is honest with me. If it's not good, he will let me know. This kind of environment has a way of making it possible to attempt something outside the "norm" and occasionally end up with a new favorite food.

Probably not my new favorite, but I won't know until I try.

(Father God, thank you for the spouse you provided for me. Your timing and selection are incredible. I love how he mirrors Your interest and care in the little things of my life. I have learned so much about You from him. Bless him today as he works. Give him straight paths. Guide his thoughts and speech. Help him to honor You in everything that he does. In the name of Jesus, Your son, I pray. Amen.)

No comments: