Monday, June 6, 2011

Bumpy Monday - Forgotten (7/29/09)

Read chapter 8 of Deuteronomy.

Did you notice how much the United States has become like the people described there? We have plenty. And, we have forgotten the commandments of God. We are in a good land. Yet, we have forgotten that He is a holy God. We eat sumptuously. But, we have forgotten that He is a just God. We have a land that brings forth much produce. Still, we have forgotten He is a jealous God. We are full. None the less, we have forgotten that He is a perfect God. We are wealthy. And, we have forgotten He is a living God. By forgetting all these things about God, we are making our own false god.

It is our turn to pray as Moses did in the next chapter (9:18, 26-27). We must pray that we will not be destroyed. We must pray for remembrance. We must pray for mercy. I wonder what "work" God will do to the USA if we are subjected to Psalm 119:126 because we have made God's law void.

(Father God, I thank You for the bountiful land that You have provided these United States. I bless You for the good land which You have given us. I am thankful that we have eaten and are full. I praise you for the water, the wheat, and the honey. Oh, Father God, it is Your power that has made this possible. It is Your power that has made us wealthy. Please remember us and grant us mercy because we have forgotten You. I remember You, O LORD. I remember to walk in Your ways and to fear You. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: