A couple of weeks ago, our Sunday School Teacher challenged us to think and consider, "Who is Jesus to you?" Now, I attend a Ladies Class at our conventional church. I love this bunch of ladies. We pray for each other. We check on each other. We send a card or two (hundred). The thing that most impresses me about these ladies is that they are a very discreet bunch. The heartfelt burdens that come to our class stay in our class. We DON'T discuss them with others outside our class. I realize this is a huge blessing. I pray that God protects it as only He can.
But, to get back to our topic, "Who is Jesus to you?" At first, I just figured I'd tell my story like anyone else but then it became clear that I needed to write it down. It's a part of my testimony.
Who is Jesus to me? He is my saviour. He was this before He was anything else to me. He is my faith. He is my creator. He is my salvation. He is my judge. He is my conviction. He is my conscience. He is my shelter. He is my guide. He is my friend. He is my lover. He is my husband. He is my peace. He is my strength. He is my sword. He is my shield. He is my knowledge. He is my stableness. He is my joy. He is my grace. He is my mercy. He is my strong tower. He is my source. He is my God. He is my everything. He is my hope.
Take note... HE IS because HE IS the great I AM.
You see, when God talks to me He says, "I AM your Saviour." "I AM your Creator." "I AM your Salvation." "I AM your Judge." "I AM your Strength." "I AM your Joy." "I AM your God." "I AM your Hope." And, so on. When I dwell on what God is to me, there is no room for confusion. There is no room for doubt. There is no room for the ungodly, vile, fleshly me. What a wondrous and joyful place to be. So, who is Jesus to you?
(Father God, thank you. I praise you that you are. I thank you that you've made yourself known, not just to me but to everyone. I thank you for the faith that provided me the light to see you. How awesome that you are right now. I sing with the four beasts, "HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come." I praise you in the name of Jesus, Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment