Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Real Me (Part One - It's My Birthday!)

I have lied.  I have stolen.  I have yearned for things so earnestly that it consumed my every thought.  I have profaned the sabbath.  I have failed to obey and honor my parents both as a child and an adult.  I have accused my neighbor of untrue things.  I have used the name of God with irreverence and as profanity.  I have served myself as superior and sought other gods before Him.  I have committed adultery.  Out of ten simple rules, I have broken all but one at some point or another.  (Read Exodus 20: 1-17)

This is the fleshly me.  This is the one that was physically born today multiple decades ago.  (I'll spare you the exact details of how long ago it was.)  I know my heart is deceitful.  I know it will lie to me.  I know.  I know it leads to all those things listed above. It even tries to convince me that I'm a good person, that I don't need anything.

However, there's another part of me that knows there is a Creator.  There is Someone who loves me and desires to be with me.  There is Someone who cares when I do things that harm me.  There is Someone who wants only the best for me and He knows what the best is because He designed me.  We all know this.

(Father God, I know you are here.  I pray you will lead according to your purpose and will.  Thank you.  In Jesus Name I pray, amen.)

No comments: