Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Real Me (Part Two - My BIRTHDAY!)

I am a child of the King.  I have been adopted by the Most High. I am loved. I am blessed.   I am protected.  I am forgiven.  I have peace.  I have joy.  I have patience.  I have faith.  I have self-control.  I think on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely.  I dwell in the shadow of His wings.  I know mercy.  I know grace.  (Read Gal 5:22, Phil 4:8, Eph 2:8-9, and the Psalms.)

This is the REAL me. My spiritual birthday came 10 years and 5 months after my physical one.  Most of my life has been a battle when the flesh would win. I wasn't properly equipped for war.  But one day nearly a decade ago, that started to change.  I began to see more victories.  I began to plug into the Power.  I dumped my fleshly weaponry and started using God's.  I truly rested in His sovereign care and I've been there ever since.

Oh, I still fight battles.  I still have much to learn about leaning on God.  But He is victorious.

(Father God, thank you for the day I accepted Christ as my Saviour.  Thank you for the day that I rested fully in you.  Thank you for providing your Spirit so freely.  Keep this part of me ever in front of the other part of me.  I look forward to the day you call us to your side either by death or by trumpet.  Make straight my paths.  In Jesus name I pray.  Amen.)

No comments: