Monday, March 21, 2011

It's Spring!

Yes!  I love when the weather starts warming.  It gives me new life and energy.  I am not motivated by the cold. Okay, maybe the cold motivates me to fill up on peanut caramel clusters and hibernate in a warm cave.  But, that's about it.

I've been trying to start garden plants indoors this year.  In some ways, I'm having great success but now I'm hitting a rough patch.  My tomatoes and peppers all sprouted and got their first set of true leaves.  I moved them to a bigger pot and now they are beginning to fail.  I so want this garden to succeed so that I can help my family cut down on the grocery bill this year.  I also want to be able to share with others the fresh bounty that God provides.

I've been reminded (AGAIN) that it's not about me.  So, I'm leaving my garden to God's direction.  He will provide the bounty and move me to do with it as He desires.  I trust Him.

(Father God, thank you for the reminder of all the times you've provided in the past and how that I can simply recall those times to know that you will provide today.  It's been a joy to see what you've done so far and I can't wait to see what comes next!  In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

1 comment:

Allie Michelle said...

What a sweet entry...good luck with your plants...I'll bet they'll perk up in no time!