When in love, it's easy to want to spend time with the object of your affection. I constantly think of and about this new person in my life. I can't wait to see him at the end of a work day. I look forward to the day we can wake up together. I enjoy what ever the thing is that we do together. I dislike and am impatient when we are apart.
But then today, I got to wondering. Do I seek Jesus as the object of my affection? Is my relationship with God on the same level as (or higher than) the relationship with this other person? What can I learn about my relationship with God because of this relationship with him? If this relationship is the answer to my prayer for a relationship that honors God, then I better be learning something from it.
So, I'm learning that I don't worry about the logistics of my relationship with God. I'm going to let it fill my senses the way a new romantic relationship does. I am allowing God to create in me the desire to spend time with Him. I'm allowing Him to distract me from the day to day activities for thoughts of joy and peace. When I do, a loving smile settles on my face. God is faithful. He loves you and I with a love beyond what any human does or can. He has our best interest in mind even when He chastises us. Isn't that amazing and desirable?
(Father God, thank you for the perfect relationship that You - and You alone - provide. Thank you also for the human relationships that show me about Your love in a way that I can grasp and understand. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment