Tonight I have a heavy, confused heart. I know that our heart is decietful above all things (Jeremiah 17:9) but I also know that God gives a new heart at salvation (Ezekiel 36:26). Then, I know that those two hearts struggle one against the other (Galations 5:17) as I live out my daily life. Why are people so unwilling to follow the rules? Why are we teaching our children that the rules don't apply to them? Why? How can we expect them to believe that salvation in Jesus is the way when the rules get changed or ignored? Isn't the logical thought process to then believe that if the rules can be changed for me about the class I attend the rules can also be changed for my salvation? Oh, how I wish I could make them understand how dangerous this path is!
(Lord, God, You know what burdens my heart this evening. You know. Please let me hear Your voice as I try to fulfill the work You've called me to in Your church body. Don't let me be distracted by the devil's ways. Thank you. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment