http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/
I am a movie nut. I love going to the movies (except those stupid horror flicks that have NO purpose on the screen at any time or in any place). A good action film and I invest my emotions into the characters. I watch movies in my head as I read a book. Take for instance the Biblical book of Ruth. When I read, my mind's eye develops the scene and my mind's ear hears the dialog. I invest in these historical characters with the same gusto as I do the movies on my TV. I cry when the heroine/hero is hurting. I laugh when she/he laughs. I fall in love with the good guys and hold the bad guys at arm's length.
So, I must confess. I spend money on movies. I try to be discerning about the movies. I am only willing to spend so much money on any particular movie. When I learned that the movie ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church released a good movie. I determined to spend money on the movie at the theatre (twice) and to purchase the DVD. Then, I waited patiently for the next release (okay not real patiently).
My daughter and I went to see Fireproof this weekend. I will be going back with my son next weekend. My heart broke during the opening of the movie. I thank God for the clear message. There is much more I'll blog about this movie and my own personal experiences as time goes along (and the Lord tarries).
If you want to put your money where your mouth is and back up your Chrisitian values, go see this movie. Honor God with your presence there.
(Lord, I thank you that you have forgiven my sins. I thank you that you created marriage and that you gave it to mankind. I thank you for a movie that helps show what a marriage that honors you takes. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment