Monday, April 14, 2008

Stonecipher

Between my house and my mother's house on the path most often taken, is an exit to "Stonecipher". When I passed this sign on our recent trip that way, I thought of the original Stone Cipher. Now you have to understand that I don't always jump at the first meaning of a word. Take cipher for instance, the first meaning of cipher is the number zero. Later meanings deal with coded methods of writing. Yes, I like the later meanings.

So, when I think of the original Stone Ciper, I think back to Moses. And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God. (Exodus 31:18) God is the One that wrote on the stone a code for us. The Key to that cipher died for the sins of the world.

(Lord God, I thank you that the message is simple and easily decoded. You loved me. You made me. You died for me. You wanted me. I accepted you. You will take me to heaven someday. Simply written. Simply perfect. You. In Jesus holy name I pray, amen.)

No comments: