Monday, April 7, 2008

Speeding Along

During this weekend's travels I found myself speeding along the highway. I was convicted. Wow, it seems like such a small thing just a couple of miles over the speed limit - 67 in a 65. Yet, God used that to speak to me. It is rebellion. Rebellion against the governing laws. If I'm comfortable speeding along in defiance of the country's laws, am I also willing to continue on sinning in defiance of God's laws? Am I speeding along in my little sin ignoring God's call to obedience and repentance? That sin could be a continual lie, not providing all my tithe, gossip, undermining the authority of the scripture, drinking alcohol, cursing, or any number of things just barely over the speed limit. I slowed down those two miles per hour and set my cruise control. Now, I'm seeking to slow down the sneaky sin and let God be my cruise control. I love the way God shares with us when we are open to hear His voice.


(Lord God, I pray that you will reveal the speeding sin in my life. Help me to turn to You for my cruise control. I thank you for being the govenor that keeps me from running away crazily. In Jesus name, Amen.)

No comments: