Sunday, April 13, 2008

Information Overflow


Today has been a great day of learning. Our Sunday school lesson was from Daniel. Our pastor preached on creation for the morning service. The evening lesson was from 2 Thessalonians dealing with the end times. It was wonderful. I have much to consider and much for which I am thankful.

It was incredibly comforting knowing that God revealed himself to a worldly leader in Daniel. It was the king who saw that it was the Son of God with the 3 believers in the fire. I mused at the thought that others can see God with us during the times of the hottest trial if we rely on Him as they did. I also noted that it sometimes takes the times of trial for us to seek God's very presence in our lives and that God will bless that in accordance to His glory.

But, satan has reared his ugly head in our family. I am embarking on a study of how God views hate. What does it really mean when we speak, "I hate you"? How do those words affect God? Is this a serious offense in His eyes? If so, how serious? And finally, how can we replace those words of hate with words that are encouraging and peaceful?

(Lord God, I ask that you empower our search for Your answers on hate. I ask that you keep satan or his emissaries from meddling in our search for the truth. Build a hedge around us as we endeavor to seek Your face in this matter. Thank you for the words of encouragement in Daniel and the promise that You will never leave us. Thank you for the beautiful creation that You placed around us. Thank you for creating me in Your image and for Your purpose. Thank you that You loved me. In Jesus precious name, Amen.)

No comments: