Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tired and wondering...

I haven't posted in a few days because I've been so busy at work that my mind is exhausted by the time I get home each evening. This evening, we went and had a great meal so I've got a bit of my mind back.

Please pray for Ashley tonight. She is in significant need of the Lord's intervention for her health.

I'm wondering if those of us calling ourselves Christian know what we are doing in this election cycle. Are we educating ourselves to the true nature of the candidates? Are we scrutinizing the candidates for honesty and consistency? Do we believe that we will never be persecuted for our faith? Are we asking God to raise up a righteous man to lead our nation? Are we asking God to forgive our national sins?

I'm wondering what our lives will be like in one year? Will the LORD have raptured out His bride? Will we be hiding our Bibles to keep them from being confiscated and burned? Will we be holding church in basements to keep our faith from being discovered? Will our fellow church members be killed or imprisoned because they believe in Jesus Christ? Will the tares among the wheat be turning us in? Will we be that close to the tribulation time? Are we that close now?

(Lord God, please forgive me for not memorizing Your Holy Word more fervently. I pray for focus to do that now. Please forgive our sin as a nation. Forgive us for putting other idols on Your throne. Thank you for the salvation that you so freely gave to me. Raise up a righteous and God-fearing man to lead our country. For when a righteous man leads, we will rejoice. I praise Your Name. I pray in Jesus name alone. )

No comments: