Well, the flu knocked me off my high horse this week. Yup. I've been struggling to maintain a complete thought since Tuesday. It's been a long time since I was this sick. My head has been in intense pain. The doctor gave me some great medicine and I'm on the road to recovery.
When I became a single parent six years ago, it did not come to mind to prepare for this. Someone still has to get the kids to school. Someone still has to clean the house. Someone still has to fix meals. Someone still has to pay bills. Someone still has to take out the garbage. The kids do a good job of taking up some of the slack but some of it they just can't do. And, they are not supposed to do it yet. They are still kids. Neither of them have a drivers license or job.
It's times like these when I really have to cling tight to Jesus. I'm hundreds of miles away from my family. God is teaching me to rely on Him through His family, the church. If it weren't for the church, I would have no support here. Yet, I find it difficult to call on them for assistance. My pride thinks I can do this all by myself. And we all know that pride comes before a fall.
(Lord God Almighty, thank You for the love You show me each and every day in the small and sundry ways. Thank You for the love You show each moment in the great salvation You so freely offered. Thank You for the flu which reminds me that I don't have all the answers but that You do. Forgive my pride, I pray. Thank You for being my Great Physician. I pray that Your will be done in Jesus name alone.)
No comments:
Post a Comment