A prayer from March 2, 2008
This evening saw tornadoes in the OKC area. Thank you, Lord, for the protection You provide. It is an awesome power that a tornado displays. Yet, it is only a drop of the power that You hold. It is amazing and fascinating to watch. A tornado can capture your attention and keep it. Thank you, Lord, that I've never been in a tornado.
Watching the video on the news just captured my thoughts. I couldn't look away for fear of missing something. Lord, I want to look at You in that same way. I want to see Your awesome power and holiness. I want to be captured and captivated by Your presence so much that I can't bear to look away for fear of missing something awesome. You deserve my complete attention.
Help me to see You in everything. Thank You for what You do that I never acknowledge. Forgive me for glancing past even the smallest miracle. You are incredible, powerful, true, just and perfect. I cannot understand it all. I accept it anyway. Now, dear Lord, help me to rest. This prayer I utter with the groaning desires of my heart in Jesus name alone. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment