Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Traveling Thoughts

This is what happens when I am traveling and thinking at the same time. These are notes that I saved on my cell phone. I've posted them like I thought them. Grammar beware! I think I was planning to expand on the first thought for a blog entry and I may still. And, obviously the second thought is an extension of the first thought, perhaps a bit more poetic. Both entries were made when traveling down Oklahoma Highway 3.

11/24/2009 4:34 PM
Ever notice how each tree is different? They don't have the same number of branches or leaves. They don't grow at the same rate.

5/7/2010 6:50 PM -
Green, everywhere green. Dark green leaves of the oak tree. Medium greens. Light greens of new leaves. Green grass. Dotted with purple vetch and orange Indian paint brush. Light tan topping green wheat-like plants. Multicolor green obscuring tree trunks. Silver maple leaves casting a delicate green hue briefly in the green sea. Dark evergreens. Lacy ferns. Rare and random rocks. Suddenly the sea of green is broken by an expansive blue mirror, cool and inviting. Where are the reds, yellows, and oranges? Where did the shades of grey go? There is no strict contrast of black and white. Green reaching up to the expanse of sky. Curtains of green hanging in gentle waves. Dresses of green dancing across my vision. Short dresses, long dresses, fluffy dresses, slim dresses. Gorgeous array. Waving arms, singing joyous praise.

(Father God, thank you for the blessings of the seasons. Thank you for the simple yet so complex examples of your creation. Thank you for allowing me to see them. Help me to always be aware of the beauty around me. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: