Friday, June 4, 2010

Dinosaurs, Turkey Bacon, and Toilet Paper

Do you see those words together very often? I never thought I'd see them together in the same paragraph let alone a sentence. But, that is what greeted us this morning. We were TP'd.

Now, I could have been upset and frustrated because of the vandalism. I dislike TP'ing. I don't see the reason for it. I have no desire to participate in such an activity. Granted, it's a fairly minor form of vandalism with few consequences. It's work on the targeted family or person due to the clean up and has little effect on the one doing it.

However, today I am grateful for Dinosaurs, Turkey Bacon and Toilet Paper. It was these items that caused our family to come together. First, we just kinda wondered. Then, we began the suspect list. Next, we started the clean up and questions. Why is someone picking on us? Was it malicious or just a practical joke? And, why did they use Turkey Bacon on the bushes and storm door? Turkey Bacon?

We joked about needing to call NCIS for the investigation. Gibbs will solve the case. Hey, maybe the cat was the culprit. The poor dinosaurs all lost their heads. So did Barbie. Turkey Bacon?

After the cleaning was nearly done, we ended up trying to solve the case at Denny's. We had a long list of suspects. And the true culprit probably isn't even on the list.

None the less what someone else mean for harm, God used for good. Listening to the kids banter back and forth, enjoying a good breakfast as a family, and just having time together was a awesome blessing. Yes, there are still some remnants of paper in the tree. Eventually, they will blow away or get rained down. It's been a good morning.

(Father God, thank you for the blessing of family. Thank you that You caused us to be together. Thank you for the smiles. We are truly blessed by You. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: