Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Getting Back to Full

I often run my bucket more empty than I should. Bucket of what? Anything. Occasionally, I run my vehicle pretty low on gas. I could easily run out and then would have the added burden of searching out fuel. I probably would have to walk to the nearest gas station. That would require me to expend energy that could be better used elsewhere.

Occasionally, I let my fridge get low on groceries. It requires more thought and creativity to come up with a meal on just a few items than it does when there is plenty from which to choose.

Occasionally, I let my spiritual nourishment run low. Praise God, the Holy Spirit never leaves me so I can't run completely out. But, sometimes the everyday cares of life seem to absorb almost all of my bucket. I have to go back to the well to fill it up again and again. Here lately it seems that I let it get more dry than normal. So, God provided a weekend for my husband and I to recharge. God rearranged some priorities and sparked new interest in filling my bucket.

(Father God, thank You for everlasting springs of life. I am so grateful that I can come to You for all my spiritual needs. And that You will meet my physical needs as well.. Father, help me to grasp all that my bucket will hold. Help me to use each drop wisely. Help me to love with Your love. Remind me to daily come to you to refill my bucket. A full bucket is more easily shared and can meet the needs of many. Help me to keep my bucket close to You and full. Thank You. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: