Thursday, June 25, 2009

Itty Bitty Bunny

I have an itty bitty bunny living on my back porch. Now, I live in a non wild area. Yes, there's some trees and stuff around but there's not a whole lot of places this bunny could have come from. And finally, today, my cat saw the bunny from the kitchen window. I'm not letting that cat out today. No way.

I'm always awed by God's provision for even the least of His creation. I love seeing this little bunny as it ventures out to get food and water. It's quite a treat to see.

Now, I'm amused by my cat as she is intently watching this little bunny. She wants out there very much. But, I'm protecting that itty bitty bunny. My husband said to me, "God will provide for that bunny." And I told him, "Yes, and He's gonna use me to do it."

That little bunny is teasing my cat. He's just sitting there watching the cat. The cat is pacing in the window, breathing hard, whipping her tail around. Okay, maybe that shouldn't be funny but it is.

Itty Bitty has gone into hiding. The cat's still looking for it, though.

Luke 12:6-8

6) Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? 7) But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. 8) Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

(Father God, thank you for the reminder of your daily provision and care for even me. Thank you for using an itty bitty bunny for that purpose. Please use me as a vessel to care for your creation. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: