I don't make new year resolutions. What is the point? I am not guaranteed tomorrow. I have today with God, my family and friends. I should make the most of today.
God doesn't want me to worry about tomorrow or if I'll loose 60 pounds this year or if Mom's chemo will destroy the cancer in her body over the next 3 months. He wants me to focus on Him today. Not next week but right now even this very moment.
Sometimes, this is extremely difficult for me. I want what I want and I want it now. I have become ingrained in this "fast" food society of America. I sometimes forget that delayed satisfaction is most often much better than anything that "satisfies" my flesh instantly.
Having said that I also wonder what a new year will bring. Will it bring the return of my Lord? Will it bring a husband? Will it bring a new place to live? Will it bring the close of any personal relationships? Will it bring the close of mom's earthly life? Will it bring a drivers license for my daughter? What will this 2009 look like?
(Father God, I am so thankful that You care for me. You are the holy and true God. You alone are mighty and wonderfully just. Forgive me where I fall so short of Your Perfectness. Thank You for making a way for me to partake in Your Perfectness through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, my Saviour. Keep me focused on You each day so that I may know You and love You. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)
No comments:
Post a Comment