Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chasing Dreams and Passions

How do I find a dream today?  How do I locate my passion?  Oooh!  Let's ask God.  Sounds so simple to ask.  What comes after asking is the difficult part for me.  The waiting.  Waiting on God to answer the way I want Him to.  Yeah, I'm being a spoiled child.  I want the answer the way I want it.

Yet, God calls me to wait for His answer.  He calls me to listen for His plans.  He gently asks that I seek what He desires for me.  As a flawed, human parent I sometimes think that God might actually answer the way I would.  Thankfully, He reminds me that He is the great I AM. 

I know that God is not limited by human thinking or desires.  I know that He knows the big picture and I know that I am only a little puzzle piece.  Sometimes, I want more.  Most times, I want more.  Today, I want Him.  That is all, that is enough, that is the best.

(Father God, I will never cease to be amazed at You.  I am giddy with anticipation of what it will be like to be in Your physical presence, to be totally engaged with You.  Oh, Father, how incredible and terrible at the same time.  I want a little bit of that today.  I want to be aware of Your goodness and Your justice.  Your goodness blesses me.  Your justice keeps me on the path You set.  Your justice keeps me mindful of just what sin does in our relationship.  In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen.)

No comments: