Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Energy Drain

Ever had that feeling that your life energy is being sucked out of you? That feeling sorta like wind blowing over your skin as you move through it- only it's the stuff that keeps you going that is blowing away?

It's been like that for about 5 weeks now. There is so much going on in my head that I don't know what I've thought or what I should think next. There is much around me that pulls the energy away. I know that our battle is not flesh and blood but spiritual.

Television shows that undermine the authority of parents, shows that glamorize death, shows that promote indecency of all shapes and sizes. Music that plants suggestions in the minds of our youngsters. Enraged drivers without self-control and foul mouths all pull away the energy that sustains me.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

This is what energizes me. This is what brings me life. Jesus.

(Lord God, thank you for the life that you have provided for me to live. Thank you for the blessings that line each and every moment of my existence. Thank you for the reminder that you provide life and when you provide life it is good life. In Jesus name, amen.)

No comments: